This Privacy Statement applies to any information provided or collected through this SCC Broadband Ltd Limited website and/or any SCC Broadband Ltd Limited services, any social media platform or other service/system (together the Digital Services), which are provided by SCC Broadband Limited, a company registered in Ireland with company number 480289 and registered office address of Caherdaniel, Co. Kerry, Ireland (SCC Broadband, SCC, the Company, us, we or our).
This Privacy Statement sets out the basis on which we, as a Data Controller, gather, use, process and disclose any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us by using the Digital Services. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. We are committed to protecting the privacy and personal data of users of the Digital Services. We will use your personal data only for the purposes and in the manner set forth below which describes the steps we take to ensure our processing of your personal data is in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation ((EU) 2016/679) (GDPR) and any implementing legislation (Data Protection Legislation).
Please read the following carefully to understand our use of your personal data.
The types of Personal Data we may collect about you
When you visit or use the Digital Services in any way, we may collect and process different types of information about you.
Information You Provide to Us
In order to obtain access to information, services or products provided by us via the Digital Services you may be required to provide personal data such as your name, postal address, country, language, date of birth, email address and telephone number as well as any relevant billing information. We may also collect and process demographic information such as preferences and interests, which we may obtain from third parties such as Google or social media that you use. You can choose not to provide this information; however, you might not be able to gain access to our information, services or products. If you contact us for any reason, we may keep a record of the information you provide through email, phone, or through the “Contact Us”, “Support”, “Help Desk”, “Feedback”, “Sales”, or “Upgrade” function of the Digital Services. We may also collect and process details of any transactions or usage you carry out through the Digital Services and the fulfillment of orders. Unless subscribing to a service, the provision of your personal data is not a statutory or contractual requirement and you may refuse to disclose same.
Information We Collect Through Technology
We may obtain information about your use of our services by using tracking technologies such as cookies. A “cookie” is a small piece of data that may be stored on your computer or mobile device. Cookies and other help us to remember details of your visits to the Digital Services including, but not limited to, technical information (e.g. traffic data, location data, your IP address, the type of browser you use, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform) or other information about your visit (e.g. websites you access from the Digital Services, other resources that you access on the Digital Services, page interaction information, information which you have viewed and the length of visits to certain pages). To assist in network operations, we monitor and log basic mast connectivity information relating to your account and retain this information for network management, legal and operational reasons.
- Google (Google Analytics, Google Adsense, Google Adwords)
- SCC Broadband (Any of our Customer Portals that involve billing or account services)
If you make use of any SCC Broadband Ltd social media features, either on the Digital Services or through a social media provider, we may access your personal data via that social media provider in accordance with their policies. When using a social media feature and if you have chosen to include it in your social media account, we may access personal data such as your name, profile picture, gender, birthday, email address, address and any other information you have chosen to make available. Depending on the privacy settings of you and your friends, we may access information that you provide to a social media provider regarding your respective locations (e.g. location data) to provide you with relevant content. We may also access information from social media providers about your use of the Digital Services that we run on their website.
Links To Other Websites
We may, from time to time, provide links to third-party websites. In addition, third parties’ websites may also provide links to the Digital Services. Should you choose to visit these third party websites, you should review their privacy statements to ensure you understand and are comfortable with their practices concerning your personal data. We do not accept, and we disclaim, any responsibility for the privacy statements and data protection practices of any third party website (whether or not such website is linked on or to the Digital Services). These links are provided to you for convenience purposes only, and you access them at your own risk. It is your responsibility to check the third party website’s privacy statements before you submit any personal data to their websites.
Uses made of your Personal Data
Generally, all information collected is used for the purpose for which you submitted the information to us or as otherwise identified at the point of collection or in this Privacy Statement. We may use your personal data for our legitimate business interests for the following purposes:
- To provide you with general information on the Digital Services and to provide you with our products and services;
- To respond to your requests for information, feedback and other communication or correspondence you may submit to us;
- To measure your interest in and improve our products, services, and Digital Services;
- To ensure that content on the Digital Services is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or mobile device;
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us;
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts, agreements or ongoing services between you and us;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of the Digital Services when you choose to do so;
- To notify you about changes to the Digital Services, services, products or policies;
- To notify you about special offers and products or services that may be of interest to you where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
We may use your personal data to comply with any legal obligations. In addition to the purpose for which you submitted your personal data, you may also be given the option (through a check box or otherwise) to have your personal data used for an activity or service different from the primary activity or service that you are requesting. For example, if you are signing up for a promotion, you may also be invited to sign up for newsletters or alerts from the Digital Services or from other websites or SCC Broadband Ltd products. If you choose to consent to receive these additional services, we will use your personal data to provide them to you. You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Please contact us if you wish to do so (see Contact Us below).
Where we store your Personal Data
The personal data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (EEA), for the purposes described above. Those countries may not provide an adequate level of protection in relation to processing your data. It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers who act on our behalf. Such staff may be engaged in, among other things, the processing of your request for information and the provision of support services. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your personal data is treated securely and in accordance with this Privacy Statement and the Data Protection Legislation. Please contact us if you wish to obtain information concerning such safeguards (see contact us below). We will store your personal data only for as long as necessary for the purposes of providing access to our Digital Services and related services to you; as required by law, and for the exercise or defence of any legal claims.
Safeguarding your Personal Data
The security and confidentiality of your personal data are extremely important to us. As no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed as 100% secure, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information that you transmit to us and you transfer the personal data at your own risk. We endeavour to use and keep under review appropriate technical and organisational measures (including staff training and awareness) in order to protect against unauthorized or unlawful processing of your personal data, including unauthorized destruction, alteration or disclosure or access.
Disclosure of your Personal Data
We may disclose your personal data to third parties:
- Where a service provider provides a service or function on our behalf, including credit card processing, business analytics, customer service, marketing, distribution of surveys, and fraud prevention. We may also authorize third-party service providers to collect information on our behalf, including as necessary to operate features of the Digital Services or to facilitate the delivery of online advertising tailored to your interests.
- When you access certain SCC Broadband Ltd social media features through the Digital Services, you are sharing information with the social media provider (such as Facebook) and the information you share will be governed by their privacy statements (including that we may access such information via the social media provider). You may be able to modify your privacy settings for these social media providers. Please consult the privacy statement of the relevant social media provider for further information.
- If SCC Broadband Ltd or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case your personal data held by us may be included in the transferred assets (for example, in the form of a database of users of the Digital Services). Similarly, personal data may be transferred as part of a corporate reorganization, insolvency proceeding, or another similar event, if permitted by and done in accordance with applicable law;
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation or court order, or in order to enforce, establish, exercise or defend legal rights, the rights, property, or safety of you, us, our group, or employees.
You have a right to know what personal data we hold about you and to request a copy of the personal data held by us about you by contacting us (see below).
You can also contact us to express the following choices:
- You can request to correct your personal data if it is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date or request the deletion of your personal data.
- You also always have the option not to share any of your personal data with us or to object to the processing of your data or data portability at any time.
- If you do not want to receive newsletters, announcements, or other communications and/or services from the Digital Services, please do not opt-in for those communications or services at the time of registration. If you have opted-in and, at a later time, wish to opt-out, please click on the unsubscribe link inserted in our communications or amend your preferences by contacting us (see below).
- Along with every email communication sent to you, we provide you the opportunity to discontinue receiving future communications (i.e., unsubscribe). Simply follow the unsubscribe process or directions provided in the email. We will respond to your request in writing, or orally if requested, as soon as practicable and in any event not more than one month after receipt of your request. We may request proof of identification to verify your request. All requests should be addressed to [email protected].
It is your responsibility to ensure that any information you have provided to us is accurate and up-to-date. If any of the information that you have provided to us changes, please send us an email entitled ‘CHANGE OF DETAILS’ to [email protected]. You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Commissioner if you are unhappy with how we are processing your personal data.
Changes to this Privacy Statement
We reserve the right to change this Privacy Statement from time to time at our sole discretion. If we make any changes, we will post those changes here and update the “Last Updated” date at the bottom of this Privacy Statement. Where you have previously consented to our use of your personal data, your continued use of the Digital Services after we make changes are deemed to be acceptance of those changes, so please check this Privacy Statement periodically for updates.
Depending on the information processed on your behalf by SCC Broadband Ltd, we may need to share data with partners or subcontractors in order to deliver your service.
Task management and progress tracking relating to select network tasks, issues or customer tasks. Basic customer contact information may be referred to on occasion. https://asana.com/terms
Used for managing our products server infrastructure. As an application performance management tool, NewRelic will be sent error details, IP addresses, or other performance related data. It is unlikely, but potentially in a rare occurrence, the body of an error could relate to personal details. NewRelic is self-hosted at a co-location service provider in Tier III, SOC2 data center near Chicago. https://newrelic.com/security
PCI Compliant Payment and Credit Card Processing. Customers enter their own payment details directly on Stripe via our customer portal during signup and account maintenance. SCC Broadband Ltd cannot access full credit card details and instead receive a ‘tokenised’ representation of the card details stored on Stripe’s systems, which we may refer to for additional and ongoing billing. We can however access records of payment which are required to maintain consistent monthly billing cycles . https://stripe.com/docs/security/stripe
Google DNS, cloud-hosted email, word-processing, spreadsheets, file storage, search, presentations. SCC Broadband Ltd communicates with customers over google services when dealing with direct enquiries and billing issues. Google Analytics anonymously tracks website and application visits and usage. https://policies.google.com/privacy
Cloudflare provides content distribution, security and DNS services for web traffic transmitted to and from our marketing websites. https://www.cloudflare.com/privacypolicy
Questions, comments, requests, and complaints regarding this Privacy Statement and the information we hold are welcome. Please contact us at [email protected].
Last Updated: 21th May 2018